Class 1 Driver (Posted 16.04.2021)
Established in 2000, we are a family-owned business servicing food to go establishments throughout the UK. We pride ourselves on our fast, efficient, friendly and personal approach. Our priority is to provide our customers with a first class service.
Due to the continuous growth at CK Foods an opportunity has arisen to join our Transport Team. We are currently looking for an enthusiastic, hardworking individual with experience in multi drop driving with a Class 1 licence.
You will be required to do:
- Multi drops in food to go, restaurants and cafes in a rigid (26 tonne) vehicle throughout the Yorkshire and Lincolnshire area.
- Multi drops to wholesalers in a rigid (26 tonne) vehicle or articulated lorry throughout the UK.
- Temperature controlled distribution (frozen, chilled and ambient).
- Some manual lifting and using a pallet truck.
To be considered for this role you must have:
- A Class 1 licence with a minimum of two years experience.
- A valid CPC card.
- Customer service experience.
- Navigation skills and route planning in case of diversions and roadworks.
- References to support your application.
Other duties for this role include:
- Communicating to managers and team leaders.
- Coordinating the drivers’ assistant.
- To adhere to the company health and safety requirements.
- Securing the stock before departure.
- Ensuring all equipment provided is handled with care.
- Taking customer payments if required.
- Communicating with customers.
- Minimum two nights out a week.
Rate of Pay: £12.25 per hour.
Hours of Work: Monday to Friday on a monthly rota.
Start and Finish Times: Between 05.00 and 00.00 (as requested).
Please note: CK Foods employees must be flexible in their approach with regards to covering holidays, sickness or any other requirements regarding the needs of the business which may include some weekend work.
Holidays: 28 days including bank holidays.
Candidates matching the criteria will be contacted for an interview.
If you feel this role is for you we'd love to hear from you. Please send us your CV via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
CK Foods prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, colour, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, physical or mental disability, religion, veteran status, and any other class of individuals protected from discrimination under state or federal law in any aspect of the access to, admission, or treatment of students in its programs and activities, or in employment and application for employment.