Cheese Factory Team Leader (Hull) (Posted 14.10.2020)
Established in 2000, we are a family-owned business servicing food-to-go establishments throughout the UK. We pride ourselves on our fast, efficient, friendly and personal approach. Our priority is to provide our customers with a first class service.
Due to the continuous growth at CK Foods an opportunity has arisen to join our Cheese Production Team at our New Cleveland Street site in Hull. We are currently looking for an enthusiastic and hardworking Team Leader.
• To work with and follow instruction given by your line manager and perform any other reasonable requests by other managers/director within the company.
• Responsibility assisting with the maintenance of equipment.
• To ensure production achieves the required output levels to the correct standard.
• To ensure all quality checks are carried out in a timely manner informing your line manager of any issues as soon as they arise.
• To assist in ensuring all visitors comply with the hygiene, and health and safety policies and to challenge anyone not authorised to be on site.
• Maintain a clean and tidy work area throughout the production shift following the basic food hygiene rules.
• To work in a safe and appropriate manner and informing your Line Manager of any potential hazards.
• Providing cover for absent colleagues and/or vacant posts to the extent that is compatible with his/her skills and knowledge.
• To be proactive in continuous improvement activities.
• Duties will involve regular repetitive light, medium and heavy lifting to be carried out in line with manual handling training that you will have received.
• To have an adaptable and flexible attitude in your approach to work.
• To continually motivate and develop your team.
• Be aware of the presence of allergens and the risk of cross contamination.
• Maintain and implement standards of the following, in accordance with Company Procedures:
- Health and Safety
- Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP)
- Security and Confidentiality
- Equal Opportunities
• Adhere to and enforce all Company Policies and Procedures.
MINIMUM EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
• Experience in a production environment is necessary.
• Experience in team leader or supervising in a production environment.
DESIRABLE SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
• FLM (Front line management) will be an advantage but not necessary.
Rate of Pay: £9.25 per hour.
Hours of Work: Sunday to Thursday - 15.30 to finish..
Please note: CK Foods employees must be flexible in their approach with regards to covering holidays, sickness or any other requirements regarding the needs of the business which may include some weekend work.
Holidays: 28 days including bank holidays.
Candidates matching the criteria will be contacted for interview.
If you feel this role is for you we'd love to hear from you. To apply please send a Covering Letter and CV via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
CK Foods prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, colour, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, physical or mental disability, religion, veteran status, and any other class of individuals protected from discrimination under state or federal law in any aspect of the access to, admission, or treatment of students in its programs and activities, or in employment and application for employment.