Warehouse Operative - F/T (Hull) (Posted 04.12.2020)
Established in 2000, we are a family-owned business servicing fast food takeaways, caterers and the foodservice throughout Hull, Yorkshire and Lincolnshire. We pride ourselves on our fast, efficient, friendly and personal approach. Our priority is to provide our customers with a first class service.
We are looking for a full-time warehouse operative who can carry out various tasks in a fast-paced environment at our premises on 70 Northumberland Avenue, Hull HU2 0JB.
• To work with and follow instruction given by your Line Supervisor and perform any other reasonable requests by other Managers/Directors within the company.
• To pick and pack orders at required levels.
• Load and unload vehicles.
• Load and unload warehouse racking.
• Maintain a clean and tidy work area throughout the production shift following the basic food hygiene rules.
• To work in a safe and appropriate manner and to inform your Line Supervisor of any potential hazards.
• Ensure that any product being produced meets the required standard and quality as set by the Line Supervisors.
• Providing cover for absent colleagues and/or vacant posts to the extent that is compatible with his/her skills and knowledge.
• Duties will involve regular repetitive light, medium and heavy lifting to be carried out in line with manual handling training that you will have received.
• To have an adaptable and flexible attitude in your approach to work.
• Inform Line Supervisor or Management if you have a suggestion for a quicker or easier method that can be implemented.
• Be aware of the presence of allergens and the risk of cross contamination.
• Maintain standards of the following, in accordance with Company Procedures:
a. Health and Safety
b. Security and Confidentiality
c. Equal Opportunities
Adhere to all Company Policies and Procedures.
• Counterbalance folk lift licence.
• Reach truck licence.
• Experience of working in a warehouse environment.
Rate of Pay: £10.00 per hour.
Hours of Work: Monday to Thursday 05:00-13:00 / Friday 05:00-12:30.
Please note: CK Foods employees must be flexible in their approach with regards to covering holidays, sickness or any other requirements regarding the needs of the business which may include some weekend work.
Holidays: 28 days including bank holidays.
If you feel this role is for you we'd love to hear from you. To apply please send a Covering Letter and CV via email to: email@example.com
CK Foods prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, colour, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, physical or mental disability, religion, veteran status, and any other class of individuals protected from discrimination under state or federal law in any aspect of the access to, admission, or treatment of students in its programs and activities, or in employment and application for employment.