Hygiene Team Leader (Bradford) (Posted 24.09.2020)
Established in 2000, we are a family-owned business servicing food-to-go establishments throughout the UK. We pride ourselves on our fast, efficient, friendly and personal approach. Our priority is to provide our customers with a first class service.
Due to the continuous growth at CK Foods an opportunity has arisen to join our Chicken Finger Foods Production Team at our West Bowling site in Bradford. We are currently looking for an enthusiastic and hardworking Hygiene Team Leader.
• Co-ordinate and manage the full cleaning operation of production and storage areas in line with Company requirements, BRC Standards, current legislation and any customer specific requirements.
• To lead a team of Hygiene Operatives including training new team members and existing team members in the event of changes.
• To advise site management on all aspects of cleaning chemicals.
• To liaise with service providers and action advice regarding safe & effective controls, including chemical use and handling in food manufacturing environments.
• To carry out pH testing as per the schedule and to achieve the Company Objective set relating to these tests.
• To carry out ATP swabbing as per the schedule and to achieve the Company objective set relating to these tests.
• To have full accountability for the hygiene shift ensuring safety and performance targets (minimal downtime due to hygiene activities) are achieved.
• To work with and follow instruction given by your manager, and perform any other reasonable requests by other managers/director within the company.
• To ensure contamination of the product at all stages of the process is minimised, and to act upon any issues reported from the team.
• To report any damaged or defective machinery/equipment and to act upon any issues reported from your team to the Maintenance Team.
• To report and to act upon any issues reported from your team relating to hygiene issues and food pest evidence/issues to your manager.
• To assist with any duties within the factory area as requested.
• To assist with cleaning duties of all factory areas when required.
• To carry out actions issued as a result of non-conformance reports, internal audits, customer visits, customer audit and third party audits i.e. BRC.
• To understand and adhere to all Company procedures and policies relating to food safety and hygiene practices, including the HACCP system.
• To participate in any training courses (in-house or external) as required by the Company.
• To be aware of the presence of allergens and ensure that the allergen procedures are followed at all times in order to minimise the risk of cross contamination.
• To ensure visitors and contractors comply with the Company food safety and health and safety policies.
• To ensure visitors comply with the signing in procedure and to challenge anyone not authorised to be on site.
ESSENTIAL SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
• A proven track record in a similar role.
• Strong food industry experience.
• Excellent communication and organisational skills.
• Ability to lead a team.
• Good Health, Safety and Environmental awareness.
• Food safety knowledge.
DESIRABLE SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
• An understanding of Lean Manufacturing tools such as KPIs, 5S.
• Relevant food industry qualifications.
Rate of Pay: £9.50 to £11.00 (dependent upon experience).
Hours of Work: Monday to Friday. Start and finish times: Between 14.00 and 22.00 (hours may be subject to change by the Factory Manager).
Please note: CK Foods employees must be flexible in their approach with regards to covering holidays, sickness or any other requirements regarding the needs of the business which may include some weekend work.
Holidays: 28 days including bank holidays.
Candidates matching the criteria will be contacted for interview.
If you feel this role is for you we'd love to hear from you. To apply please send a Covering Letter and CV via email to Peter Ondo at: email@example.com
CK Foods prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, colour, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, physical or mental disability, religion, veteran status, and any other class of individuals protected from discrimination under state or federal law in any aspect of the access to, admission, or treatment of students in its programs and activities, or in employment and application for employment.